Young and Unstoppable 




I wasn’t feeling at all patriotic this year, but decided to wear this jersey for independence because of those 3 words... 


                                            

 As young people... especially those of a third world, undeveloped country, we are faced with many adversities... a little too much if you ask me. 

This jersey was a reminder that even in our struggling state we should be UNSTOPPABLE. 

I find myself feeling down periodically because I cannot achieve what I will like to as yet or is not at a place where I will like to be in life. 

I also often find myself blaming the economic state of Grenada as a major cause of hopes and dreams being lost or buried. And although the ridiculously high taxes do contribute to our detriment...
   Grumpy Face BBM DP GIF - Emoji Frown Grumpy GIFs

 I do believe that we are to be blamed for the lack of faith in ourselves and our outcome. 


I see most Grenadians idolizing and adopting traits of the western world without a regard for our culture... until it's time for carnival. 
And I also see too many Grenadians in shock whenever they see other fellow Grenadians ‘becoming something’ whether it be earning large sums of money or fame.  

One of the most common examples is that of our Olympic champion, Kirani James.  

Sadly, I am of the belief that Grenadians truly do not believe in our talents, so much so, that our first Olympic gold is still the TOP highlight of our country.  

The mark that Kirani James made was a significant one, but it should be a catalyst for other Grenadians to achieve even bigger things! Not only in athletics but other areas as well.

This independence I pray that the youth of our nation may surpass their expectation, and with faith and perseverance, will make so many marks that Grenada will become the next best thing!

Let's believe in ourselves, release the fear, take the risks. 
Let’s be young and unstoppable and make our little island young and unstoppable as well. 


Comments