2020 KEEPER 

                                                  SMART IS HOT



There’s always this one special person in our lives who is not afraid to tell us when we’re doing shit.

For me, I had to learn to take a step back and properly process and plan instead of running on ideas fueled by good intentions of course.

My life has always been a roller coaster you see… Back in 2016 and 2017 I considered those years to be my worst years yet. Why?
Because I was stuck at home babysitting after years of working my ass off in school
I had no job
Couldn’t go to university
Didn’t have money to do anything fun and enjoyable which I believe equated to not having a damn life.

I was depressed and wanted something…ANYTHING

Anyway, fast forward to 2018… my first opportunity came. My golden time in so long. I felt as though I was learning to walk again… like I took my first few baby steps after being on standstill, holding my rough brown couch for support for so long.

It was time
My chance was finally here.   excited toronto blue jays GIF by MLB

Since after then I have been looking for chances to better myself… academically, physically, emotionally and especially financially. I was on a roll… I wanted to do anything and everything my … mind thought of. Blog, business, side hustle, gym, license, vlogs, study.
I wanted to achieve so much that I didn’t slow down to see that this was all too much for me to accomplish… right now.

Thankfully, (coming) like a knight in shining armor… or rather my guardian angel I should say there was this one person to pick me up on my shit as always. Scolding me… or as we Grenadians say it… pounding sense into that cabeza of mines… removing the shield that was barring such an overachiever like myself to see that …yes I can accomplish all of that at the same time… but what good will it be to do these things without giving it my all… without giving it my 100%...not 2.

His bluntness hurt me like when I would mysteriously pound my toe on my bed post after doing something naughty. And trust me… I flamed up… I was angry…because he was right!

The thing is, overachievers like myself need to realize that we should not work hard. Days of toiling in the hot sun just to make a two pence are over! We are not our ancestors!. And yes working hard gives us great joy… helps us to  feel like we accomplished something. But what good will it do if we work hard and die right after??

Instead let’s aim to WORK smart…BE smart

After all...
smart tatiana maslany GIF

Comments